Sardines with burrata and roasted vegetables
• 1 courgette, sliced
• 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
• 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
• 1 aubergine, sliced
• 2 red onions, quartered
• olive oil
• 1 soft chorizo (or a 10cm/4in piece of hard chorizo),
cut into chunks
• 250g/9oz cherry tomatoes
• 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
• 1 burrata or mozzarella, diced or crumbled
• 2 tins of sardines in water or olive oil (120g/4.oz
• coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Use the best-quality burrata, if you can, made with
buffalo mozzarella and cream. If you can't get burrata,
use buffalo mozzarella or ordinary mozzarella.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
2. Drizzle all the vegetables with olive oil and roast for
3. Meanwhile, heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan
and fry the chorizo for a moment. Remove from
the pan and drain half of the released oils. Set the
4. Fry the tomatoes and chopped garlic in the fatty
juices over a medium heat until just softened.
5. Remove the tomatoes from the heat and return the
chorizo to the pan.
6. Place the vegetables, tomatoes and chorizo on a
7. Place the burrata or mozzarella on the vegetables.
8. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
9. Serve with the sardines and lemon wedges.
FOR MORE FOOD
INFORMATION, RECIPES &
INSPIRATION, SEE OUR