WARM DUCK SALAD WITH CHINESE 5-SPICE, serves 1
- 1 large duck breast
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 100g Jerte Picota Cherries, pitted and
- 50ml white wine
- a few sprigs of watercress and salad
- juice of ½ lime
- sesame oil
-1 little gem lettuce
MAKING CARBS COUNT
1. Season the duck breast and dust with
Chinese five spice powder.
2. Put in a medium-hot frying pan and
fry gently for 5 minutes, turning halfway,
until lots of fat has come out of the skin
and the skin is golden brown.
3. Take out of the pan and slice thinly -
the duck will still be raw in the middle,
but don't worry!
4. Discard the fat from the pan and put
the sliced duck back in. Stir fry for a
few minutes, until cooked through and
crispy. Set aside.
5. To cook the Jerte Picota cherries,
place them in the frying pan with the
white wine. Cook for 1 minute until the
cherries turn soft. Take off the heat.
6. Arrange the salad leaves and Jerte
Picotas around and on the duck. Dress
with the lime juice and a drizzle of
sesame oil. Season to taste.
FOR MORE FOOD
INFO, RECIPES &
OUR NEW WEBSITE
powered by PageTiger